Laura Marie Altom is the author of more than forty books in three different genres. Now that her kids are in college, Altom spends her days writing and chasing after a menagerie of pets: a mini long-haired dachshund named Cocoa, a Yorkie named Daisy, a mutt named Sweet Pea, and Domino—a black-and-white stealth cat she rarely sees. She’s happily married to her college sweetheart (go Hogs!), and when night falls, she steals a few romantic moments for herself with her own hunky cover stud.
Here is what she shared with us:
1. What part of writing do you find the most challenging? most enjoyable? The toughest part of any project are pages 1 to 100. I’m not sure if it’s psychological or what, but every word is a struggle up until that point. Then, it’s all downhill from there!! So strange!!
2. What should we know about your book? When is your next book due out? My next book will be released 12/23/14 and is called, Possess. It’s the must-read sequel to Control—at least, I think it’s important!! LOL!! Control was always meant to be a stand-alone project, but about 2/3s of the way through, I realized, there was no way the story would neatly end any time soon. Panicked, I emailed my fab editor to ask if it was all right if the story ended as a cliffhanger. She said sure, and now, if you want to know whether or not Liam and Ella live happily ever after, you’ll have to read Possess, too. Sorry!!
3. If you weren’t an author, what would you expend your passion on? I’m going to assume this means I can be anything, right?! If that’s the case, I’ll be a movie star, prima ballerina, deep sea treasure hunter and astronaut.
4. Hardback, paperback, ebook or audio book? I used to be a SERIOUS hardback and paperback snob, but lately, I don’t read anything that’s not on my Kindle.
5. Are you more likely to wear a skirt or pants? Pants!!!!!!!
6. What is your least favorite chore? Cleaning the kittle litter box. Yuck!!!!
7. What do you think would surprise people about your book or about you? I faced down a nine-foot reef shark and still have all my limbs!!
8. How do you write sexy scenes? Is there a vivid imagination in your brain, Do you write from experience, ;-) Do you have a secret other source? Inquiring minds would love to know! Wow. Going all blushy!! No big secret. Just put on some great music and let my people play . . .
9. How do you feel about football? Do you have a favorite team? Arkansas Razorbacks, although they’ve sucked pretty much ever since Hubby and I graduated.
I also like Dallas, but mostly because my FAVORITE TV show is Making the Team, which follows the girls trying out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. One of these days when I’m not on too tight of a deadline, I’m totally trying out!!!
10. What is your favorite holiday show or movie? Song? I’m a sucker for Frosty the Snowman. I cry EVERY TIME it’s on!! Love the song, too.
11. When shopping at the Mall, which type of store is more apt to tempt you? Designer purse shops, decorating shops, fancy department stores.
12. Do you have any favorite holiday traditions or memories that you’d like to share? We usually try to make a homemade ornament each year, then keep a few and give the extra as gifts. Last year, we put metallic, glittery, glass balls into cupcake cups, added a tiny red glass ball to the top for a “cherry”, then hung them with pretty ribbon. They turned out super cute!!
Oh—we also eat seafood Christmas Eve, and play Trivial Pursuit. :D
13. What is your favorite or least favorite item on your holiday menu? My fave item is Hubby’s cheesy potatoes which is a super fattening hash brown casserole. Least fave is any vegi. We try dressing them up fancy, but they just don’t compare to all my starchy favorites!!
14. On a scale of 1-10, (1 being a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and nothing else and a 10 being overdone like the National Lampoon’s Griswold family) How far do you go when decorating for the holidays? 14!!!! Two trees, and a MASSIVE Christmas Village!!
15. Silver or Gold? BOTH!! (But, of course, in different areas of the house.)
16. Hot toddy, Hot cocoa (with or without marshmallows), Egg nog, Spiced rum, or do you have a different favorite winter beverage? Coffee with Irish Cream and a big topping of whipped cream.
17. How do you prefer to communicate ( in person, texting, email, or phone)? Totally depends on the person. Close friends and family—phone. Strangers—e-mail. Kids—text or Snapchat!!
Thank you for letting me quiz you!
Thank you, Brenda!! :D
Shamed # 2
Shamed # 2
By: Laura Marie Altom
Releasing December 23rd, 2014
Ella Patton and Liam Stone return in the breathtaking conclusion to the steamy, contentious love affair that began in Control.
Will you marry me? Those four little words should be a dream come true. But for Ella Patton, they’re the start of a waking nightmare. For despite the insatiable desire she feels for Liam Stone, marriage is out of the question—divorcing her abusive husband, Blaine, would be too dangerous to even contemplate. Besides, Ella couldn’t ask for anything more than the life she and Liam share: a scalding hot passion that’s totally outside the bounds of “I do.”
Liam has hit a brick wall. His fortune can’t buy Ella’s freedom from the oppressive monster the law recognizes as her husband. Blaine will take any opportunity to bring Ella back under his authority, no doubt exacting a terrible revenge as punishment for nearly slipping away. But Liam has a force greater than money and influence on his side: Ella’s love. She sparks his most unstoppable determination—and ignites pleasures that no man should be able to possess.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This sounds really good to me but I have to read the first book first. :-(
Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. It is a great chance to win a book you'd like to have! The link can be found at the top of the page.
i haven't read book 1 either but i would not until i got teh next one since there is a cliffhanger and i hate those as you know^^ but yes uif the story needed 2 books then it was better that wayReplyDelete
Thank you for hosting today! Happy Holidays!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the interviewReplyDelete
I want to say I have the first one? I'll have to check.ReplyDelete
OMG facing a shark must have been terrifying!
Thanks for sharing with us! I cant wait to read this series. :)