Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review ~ Feral Sins by Suzanne Wright







You can purchase it from Amazon or B&N.

Blurb:

When female wolf shifter Taryn Warner first encounters Trey Coleman, an alpha male wolf shifter with a dangerous reputation, she’s determined to resist his charms. After all, Trey—who was only fourteen when he defeated his own father in a duel, winning the right to be alpha of his pack—can’t have anything to offer the talented healer besides trouble, or so she thinks.


Taryn finds herself drawn in by Trey’s forceful demeanor and arctic-blue eyes, and she eventually agrees to enter an uneasy alliance with him. If the two succeed in convincing their respective packs that they’ve chosen each other as mates, Trey will win valuable political allies, while Taryn will escape an odious arranged mating.

But there are a lot of potential pitfalls to this plan—including the very real possibility that the wolf shifters, overwhelmed by their growing attraction to each other, will be unable to maintain the clear heads needed to pull off the deception.


My Thoughts:

This was the first book that I've read from Suzanne Wright. I liked it so well that I've already bought the second book in this series! I have my eye on a couple vampire books that she's written too.

Trey and Taryn sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g..... Their names even sound good together. Right?

This story doesn't start the way they usually do. Taryn wakes up feeling like she's been drugged. Why, you ask? Probably because she was. You see Trey had a plan and it involved a pretend mating with Taryn.

He needs her father's connections so he wants to pretend to "mate" her. There are only a handfull of problems with his plan. Problem #1 Her father wants her to mate with another wolf for his connections. Problem #2 Even if she wanted to mate with him her father doesn't care to hear her opinion. Problem #3 The only way she could possibly get out of this mating would be if they were true mates but that is impossible because her true mate died when they were young and everyone knew they were mates.and last but not least #4 Taryn can't shift. She is latent and many disregard her because of it.

Trey talks her into pretending they are true mates. She agrees to try but doesn't think this plan will work. She agrees because the man that her father chose for her to mate is mean and abusive and she wants nothing to do with him. She see this as a way out if it works,

Both of these characters have been hurt and they both have their reasons for doing this but they find out that things can get complicated quickly, especially when they crave each other. ;-)

This book had a great plot with wolves, a fake mating, secrets, a traitor, a nasty aunt who thinks she's queen of the castle, a sweet and kind heroine who is easy to love even when she's smarting off, a hard hero who sometimes goes feral and can't control his wolf, steamy scenes, action, romance, and lots of great secondary characters.

There is so much going on in Feral Sins that you couldn't get bored if you tried. I read it in one sitting. I thought it was an awesomely fantastic beginning to what I'm pretty sure will be a favorite series of mine. As I said I bought the second book Wicked Cravings the night I finished Feral Sins. I am waiting to read it when I go on vacation. It is killing me to wait but I know it will be worth it! :D

I recommend this to all werewolf fanatics or those who like paranormal romance. I just know you'll love it too.

I also liked the cover A Lot!



This was a new author for me. Have you read any of Suzanne's books?


Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her book ( or at least i don't think so) but since the first time you put this book as a prize during a blog hop i had my eyes on it, the cover is gorgeous yes, the blurb really interesting and now what can i say, your opinion is trustworthy, you are enthousiastic about it so i need to get it. at teh moment it's on the wishlist becauise it's available on bookdepository ( thanks!!!) so i guess a little patience and i should be able to discover it and i hope enjoy it as much as you did

    thank you so much for this review Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will like this book. :-)

      I'm sorry it took me this long to post a review for you.

      Delete
    2. please don't worry, you can't review every book and i'm really glad when you review one no matter when
      the fact you took the time to review it for me means a lot so really no need to feel sorry

      Delete
  2. This is next in my tbr pile. Ive heard of her before this but no havent read anything by her yet. I do want to read her vamp series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read her vamp books too. :-)

      Delete
    2. You'll probably get to them before me! :) We'll have to let each other know what we think.

      Delete
  3. I have not read any of Suzanne's books yet, but Feral Sins sounds intriguing. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete