Sunday, May 26, 2013

In My Mailbox



This meme was created by The Story Siren.


This week I received the following purchases:


Paperback:


This is the 3rd book in the Hearts of Anemoi series.

 She's the only one who can see through his golden boy façade to the broken god within...


Chrysander Notos, Supreme God of the South Wind and Summer, is on a mission: save Eurus from his death sentence, and prove his troubled brother can be redeemed. But Eurus fights back, triggering vicious summer storms that threaten the mortal realm, dangerously drain Chrys, and earn the ire of the Olympic gods who ordered Eurus dead.

Laney Summerlyn refuses to give up her grandfather's horse farm, despite her deteriorating vision. More than ever, she needs the organized routine of her life at Summerlyn Stables, until a ferocious storm brings an impossible—and beautiful—creature crashing down from the heavens.

Injured while fighting Eurus, Chrys finds himself at the mercy of a mortal woman whose compassion and acceptance he can't resist. As they surrender to the passion flaring between them, immortal enemies close in, forcing Chrys to choose between his brother and the only woman who's ever loved the real him.






About the book:

"I’m intrigued. Tempted beyond what I’ve ever been before. To know her, to open her up. To break her."


In love, sometimes what you fear most is exactly what you need.

Laura Drake is an author. She writes bestselling paranormal romances that continue to top the charts. She is sharp. She is confident. She is in control.

And she doesn’t exist.

Samantha Jansen is the woman behind the wig, the woman most of the world doesn’t know exists. She is shy. She is insecure. She is nothing like her main character or her alter ego. She is scarred—deeply scarred—by a past she can’t let go of and a present she can’t make peace with.

Samantha’s dreams are consumed by one man, the broken hero from her books. Mason Strait is both her wildest fantasy and her most terrifying nightmare.

When Samantha meets Alec Brand, a corporate consultant, it is as though Mason has come to life. Alec is handsome to a fault, as elegant as he is arrogant, and more intense than any man has a right to be.

Samantha is soon sucked into a world that mirrors the fiction she writes. Just like her main character, Daire Kirby, Samantha finds herself unable to resist the forbidden lure of Alec. And just like Daire, she also finds that she is faced with taking a chance on a man who could either set her free or destroy her.

The scale tilts toward destruction when Samantha finds out that Alec is as much a work of fiction as Mason. And he has scars of his own, scars that could ruin them both.

**This book may be read as a stand-alone, as the story of Alec and Samantha comes to a conclusion in this book**







This is book 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series.

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.


Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

 








This is the 2nd book in the Phoenix Pack Series.

Despite having been besotted with Dante Garcea since she was a child, wolf shifter Jaime Farrow figures that it’s time to move past the crush. If he wanted her, he wouldn’t have ignored her flirtatious behavior, right? Hiding her intense attraction to him isn’t easy – especially now that they're part of the same pack again – but with bigger issues to worry about and with the submissive wolf act to maintain, Jaime is resolute on moving forward. Now if only the workaholic control-freak would let her…


As the pack Beta, Dante doesn't have the space or time in his life for a relationship. As such, he ignores his intense hunger for the willful – and sometimes crazy – Jaime. Yet when her flirtations abruptly end, Dante finds that he doesn’t like losing her attention. He finds something else too – Jaime's hiding something. Determined to uncover her secret, he sets out to break through her defenses, even though being around her intensifies his cravings for her. What he finds is a problem that Jaime is convinced not even a powerful Beta can solve.






This is the 2nd book in the With Me in Seattle series.

Jules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he's your boss. During the one incredible night they shared, he violated the no fraternization policy...among other things, and it won't happen again. Jules won't risk her career for mind-blowing sex, no matter how much her body and her damn heart keep arguing with her.


Nate McKenna could give a shit about the no fraternizing policy. He wants Jules and he'll have her. The rules could bend around them, or be damned. He's not a man to be taken lightly, and Jules Montgomery is about to find out just how he responds to being pushed aside after the best night of sex he's ever had. She can fight all she wants, but he'll have her in his bed in the end.






Okay so I've been going a little over board with books lately! :D Wait till next month. lol!

Have you read any of these? Are they on your TBR list?

What have you gotten?


Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

13 comments:

  1. i have the first book in the heart of anemoi series that is waiting for me.
    also you make me quite interested in the phoenix pack series but i haven't any book in in it but it's on my list

    i received undone ( late birthday gift) and i won really cute earrings even better they arrived just when i was back from my first bunch of medical exam so it really helped to make me feel better or at least more positive.

    i'm curious as why we need to wait next month^^, will you attend a convention or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! You don't have to wait until next month but I am. :-) There are a lot of books that I have been waiting on that I preordered and they will be released next month!

      The Phoenix Pack series is great so far. I read the 1st book and bought the 2nd the next day. I'll post a review for you. :-)

      I want Undone but haven't bought it yet.

      Happy Sunday!

      Delete
    2. Oh i see i was wondering is there was going to be a special occasion bug a huge haul ( like some who will come back from BEA)
      if it rassure you teh pre order i have.... are for july or october ( not a lot one or two each but still that's long^^)

      thank you a lot for doing a review of book 1 in the Phoenix pack ^^ i'm really curious

      hope you had a great sunday too, i managed to rest and read a little so i'm happy so far

      Delete
    3. I wish I had somewher awesome to go and get all of those awesome goodies. :-)

      They never come here and even if they did, I don't drive in the city. I get lost too easily. lol!

      Delete
  2. I have not read any of the books on your list, but South of Surrender and Wicked Cravings look very interesting.

    This week I purchased Caedmon Wolves 3-Book Set by Ambrielle Kirk. It was on special at B&N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read books one and three. I still have to read book two of the CAEDMON wolves series. I enjoyed the ones that I've read I hope you like them too!

      Delete
  3. I actually got North of Need in the mail this week! LOL and I told you I got Feral Sins already I think? I got alot this week actually. Im pretty sure my mailman hates me! I got like 6 packages in 2 days. :) I bought Jessica Clare's The Care and feeding of an alpha male. Its really good so far. Hm.. what else um.. I got the last Jaz Parks book from Jennifer Rardin. I know there was alot more but thats all I can think of at the moment. Oh and I won a swag pack from Gabrielle Bissett. It had 3 bookmarks with her covers on them. Im seriously debating just putting them on my wall! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ i'm reading north of need now, i love jazz parks serie s( so sad the author died before finishing it) did you read the novella too? (i'm really interested by them but i can't find a pdf edition and while they were free before it's not teh case anymore)

      Delete
    2. I haven't read Jazz Parks yet. I do have the first book though!

      You are right that is sad that the author died.

      Delete
    3. there are a lot of sexual tension in jaz parks it's quite a good series and from what i hear the author Jennifer was really kind
      you will love it

      the novella there is some before they first meeting and it something i would have loved to see. the author had them free on her website. now i read somewhere that depending on teh edition o the paperback you buy some have a novealla as a bonus included ( but not my edition if i had know i would have picked the other one)

      ( i hate unfinished story)

      Delete
    4. Hm.. I'll have to look into the novella. If I can find it I'll let you know. And I actually had a signing with her when I was at Waldenbooks. She was such a sweet lady. And had a great sense of humor. Her best friend came with and the 3 of us had a blast. I was really sad to hear about her passing. Her friend was kind enough to email me though. I have the first 7 of the series signed by her, so thats something. :)

      Delete
    5. Yea I only see it on Amazon as an ebook now. :( Im sorry!

      Delete
    6. thank you a lot for checking and i'm so happy you got to know her.
      i discovered her thanks to the french translation and it was only a few day before the tragic event so i had no chance of speaking with her or anything but i love her books

      Delete