Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!




I hope that you will take some time today to reflect on and be thankful for all of the sacrifices the men and women of the armed services endure.

They put themselves endanger and sometimes even sacrifice their limbs and lives. They also spend huge amounts of time away from their loved ones. Some of them have to spend that time in hostile environments. They eat MREs and not home cooked meals like we are used to. They can't just kick back and relax after a long day. Sometimes they don't sleep or eat or shower. Sometimes they lose others right before their eyes. They can't take time off to deal with the things that they've seen and often they come home still fighting those demons.

So yes please take time today to say a prayer for those serving and if you happen to know any that are home on leave or are veterens be sure to thank them for all that they have done.

As many of you know, I have a nephew who lost a leg while serving in Iraq. I also have another nephew who is fighting over seas as I write this. I hope that his outcome will be better and that he will come home whole (both mind and body). I also have many cousins who served in the past. I understand many of the sacrifices that they make and I appreciate it immensely. :-)


Thank you to all who serve, have served, or who will serve in the future!


I pray for an end to all violence and I wish that all people could live in peace.

Happy Memorial Day!


Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

6 comments:

  1. You said it! :) Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a good holiday!
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do hope a general peace will come soon.
    in my country the equivalent of memorial day would be the 11th november and in a lesser mesure the 8th of may ( though since the 8th isn't an holiday anymore a lot have forgotten)

    i hope your family won't suffer anymore that she did already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miki. The sad part is, as much as we have suffered, there are others who have it worse. I would love to have an end to all of this evil.

      Hopefully some day soon!:-)

      Delete
  3. +JMJ+

    This is a touching tribute, Brenda! It's not Memorial Day in my own country, but I will join my intentions with yours all the same. =)

    ReplyDelete