Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Paranormal Reading Challenge ~ Here I Come!



I've signed up for the Paranormal Reading Challenge!

I love to read paranormal books as you all know, so I thought this would be a fun challenge to do.

Each month, they'll be featuring one of the creatures on the list at both Megan Likes Books and Auntie Spinelli Reads.



January - Vampires

February - Angels/Nephilim

March - Fey

April - Demons

May - Aliens

June - Zombies

July - Witches and Wizards

August - Mermaids

September - Dragons

October - Ghosts

November - Werewolves/Shape-shifters

December - Other (ie: unicorns, centaurs, timetravelers, seers etc.)



If this sounds as good to you as it did to me you can see the rules and sign up here.

Sign ups are open until December 2013

If you like to read Paranormal why not share and have some fun with it!

What do you think?

Are you up for the challenge?



I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

9 comments:

  1. I've netered this one as well, i think it's a great idea and we are not obligated to stick to each month creature so i'm in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen it on your blog. That's how I found out about it. lol!

      Delete
    2. glad i helped you to find something you like^^

      Delete
  2. +JMJ+

    I really like monthly themes (which I incorporate into my own blog), so if I were still reading Paranormal Romance, this challenge would have totally hooked me!

    Some categories give me pause, though . . . I haven't come across a Romance title with mermaids yet. (Some YA, yes, but not genre Romance.) And zombies??? Again, I know of one YA novel in which a zombie and a human fall in love--but even then, it's mostly satirical.

    Or am I taking this too literally, thinking of a zombie character when a "zombieland" setting is actually all that's necessary? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for mermaids there are quite some ( and if you want idea on the sign up post there are list of book for all category) but an example is A mermaid's kiss by Joey W Hill ( to be honest it's the only one that came to my mind and there is teh second book i own but i don't think i will have a lot in this category)

      for the zombie, there are some in the deadtown series by nancy holzner

      in what i understood, as long as one character is the creature needed it's good even if it's not the main one

      Delete
    2. That was my understanding as well Miki!

      Delete
  3. Sadly I have decided against doing any challenges this year. Last year it seemed there were too many challenges I wanted to be committed to so it took the fun out of my reading. I like to mix up my book genres. BUT good luck, I love paranormal fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I'll do this one. I'm already doing several, so I probably won't do this one, though it sounds really cool.

    ReplyDelete