Friday, January 25, 2013

ARC Review ~ Focus by Alyssa Rose Ivy




This is the second book in the Crescent Chronicles series.

You can add it to your Goodreads shelf.

It was expected to be released on the 31st but you can get it now!

Amazon or Smashwords

Here's the Blurb:

Freshman year of college is hard even when you're not tied to the future king of a supernatural society.

Allie dives into college head first with Hailey as her roommate and the city of New Orleans as her backyard. As things within The Society heat up, Allie realizes that whether she’s with Levi or not, she's in far too deep to turn back.


My Thoughts:

If you haven't started this series yet, and I question your judgement if you haven't, then you should start with Flight (book one). It was an awesome start to this new series about a different type of shifter called pterons. You can see my thoughts about it and an interview that I had with Alyssa here.

In the first book Allie meets Levi while she is on summer vacation. She goes to New Orleons to spend some time with her dad and help work at his hotel. One thing leads to another and she finds herself facing the fact that supernatural creatures do exist. She gets thrust into a world that might just be dangerous to her health.

It was so awesome. I loved that book and if you like mature YA PNR you would too!

You can find out more about Flight from it's Goodreads page.  

Focus picks up pretty much where Flight left off. Allie is still angry with Levi (and rightfully so). Hailey and Allie are starting college together. Allie is still trying to figure out what she should make of her situation. She does a lot of deliberating in this book. I mostly agree with her and I am glad that she doesn't immediately forgive Levi.

Levi is very sweet but I can't help but feel that he is still keeping secrets from her. Especially towards the end of the book.

I have a feeling that Allie is going to get herself in a lot of trouble in the next book.

This book was phenomenal! I loved it just as much as Flight.

It had action, romance, fun, some danger, snarky comments, likable characters (mostly) and some twists and turns to keep you on your toes!

I strongly suggest digging into this series if you are a fan of the supernatural. It soars above expectations!

Thank you Alyssa for gifting me with an ARC. :-)  I absolutely Loved it.

These are my honest thoughts regarding Focus and I was not paid, cohorsed, or bribed in any way.


About Alyssa Rose Ivy: 

Alyssa Rose Ivy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write.


Find her:  Website / Facebook / Goodreads / Twitter 



While this series is paranormal, she also writes contemporary romance. I've read quite a few of her books and have liked them all.


Question: Have you read any of Alyssa's books?

Which ones or why not?


I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

11 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Unfortunately, I haven't read any of Alyssa's books yet. Their titles just haven't been cropping up in my reading circles, I'm afraid! When I do start reading her, it'll likely be with this series. =) But that will be when all the books are out. I've just read your review of Flight, Brenda, and I don't want to be at the mercy of too many cliffhangers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point. I love when I have more than one book in a series and I can just jump from one to the next without having to wait, especially when cliffhangers are involved!

      On the other hand, the only time that happens is if I haven't heard of the series right away or if I have the chance to review a book and I'm offered more than one book at that time.

      I'm not very patient and I usualy can't wait for the next book in a series so as soon as they come out I buy it. Sometimes that means it's sitting on my shelf waiting on me but you know how it is. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

      Delete
  2. ^^;; i haven't read any of her book yet and yes you tempted me but after learning of the cliffhangers ( things i really hate) i will perhaps wait until the serie sis completed so i can start and finish it in once without waiting in worry ^^

    but it's really tempting ( and exist in pdf so big bonus... so tempted)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be reading the books as they come out so I'll be sure to let you know when it's safe to read them. lol!

      Delete
  3. Alyssa is a new author to me, so I haven't read any of her books yet. That will have to change now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't read any of her books before I read Flight. Now I can't read enough of her. She's one of my favorite authors. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Focus, Brenda! I'm so excited you enjoyed it, and I'm beyond thrilled to hear you consider me one of your favorite authors! :)



    The final book in Allie and Levi's story (Found) will be out this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I can't wait!

      You said Allie and Levi's story, does that mean the others will get stories too?

      My fingers are crossed.

      Delete