Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday's Wonderings!

I am a chronic re-reader. Sometimes the stories that I re-read aren't even my favorites.

I am wondering, do you re-read?

I just get in the mood to read the story again. Sometimes it's because I have forgotten how the story plays out. Sometimes it's because I remember the story portraying a certain emotion that I am feeling. 

I am wondering, why do you re-read?

I like to revisit books when the next book in the series is due to come out. I especially like to revisit them if the series has many books in it or if it has been a long time between releases.

Hey, for me any excuse to re-read a favorite is a good one!  

I sometimes find myself in a reading funk, where I can't decide what type of book to read.

When that happens, I usually go to my bookshelves and find a book that I've already enjoyed.

After revisiting a favorite, I'm usually ready for something new again.

I am wondering, when do you re-read?

At least once a week I re-read something, probably more.

I have plenty of new books to choose from, so it's not that nothing is available.

 I enjoy getting to know the characters in the books that I read.

When I read them a second or third time, it's like visiting with friends that I haven't seen for awhile.

I was wondering, how often do you re-read?

I re-read whatever I'm in the mood for at the time, whether it is a romance, a mystery, or urban fantasy.

It doesn't seem to matter, I've probably re-read them all.

I was wondering, is there a certain type of book that you prefer to revisit? 

Is there any type of book that you'd never consider rereading (other than one you didn't like)?

I was just wondering. I'd like to know what your thoughts are about re-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment